Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chronicles of a Flower Girl

I have gotten two layouts done in the last 2 days! Hooray for scrap time!

The first was for the "Scrap That Tune" challenge at Challenge Masters. The challenge this month was to scrap the "Birthday Song" and use the whole song. I have photos from a couple of birthday parties sitting in my stack waiting to be scrapped, but decided to use this challenge to do a pocket page with Rick birthday cards from last year. As I was going through his cards, I found the one on the left side of the page that had most of the words on it! So I used some cardstock and patterned paper across the bottom of the page and used adhesive on 3 sides to make it a pocket. Then I took the card on the left and ran a line of adhesive across the bottom on the inside to make that a pocket as well. I used my Cricut and some stamps to add the rest of the words and voila, it's done!


The next challenge was the Manufacturer challenge. This month we had to use 4 of the following manufacturers: My Minds Eye, Die Cut With a View, Cosmo Cricket, Prima, Kaiser Crafts, Heidi Swapp, Jenni Bowlin. While I have products by all of these companies except Jenni Bowlin, it is mostly bits and pieces so I had to seek out some products that would work together. I used patterned paper by Die Cuts With a View and Cosmo Cricket, flowers by Prima, and a iron on by Heidi Swapp (the word "Favorite"). The sketch for this layout is based on a layout from Scrapbooks Etc. from a couple of years ago. I have used the sketch before for another layout, but it was fun to see how it worked with different photos and products.

No comments:

Post a Comment