Saturday, August 14, 2010

Some New Stuff!

Well, I've finally found a little time to get some scrapping done! First, I did this card for my nephew whose birthday was on Monday. I had a little trouble coming up with a sentiment for the inside so I asked at Challenge Masters for some help. Tammy came up with "Sound the alarm... _______ is 2!", which I decided to use on the inside. The firetruck on the front is from a set of Creative Memories die cuts I've had for quite some time. I added the details with some pens and I am pretty happy with how it turned out.



I also completed this layout for the Manufacturer Challenge at Challenge Masters. The challenge was to use products from at least 3 of the following manufacturers: Bazzill
Lilybee Design
Cosmo Cricket
American Crafts
Pebbles
EK Success
I wasn't sure I would be able to do it as I don't think I have ANYTHING from Lilybee or Pebbles and very limited product from EK Success, but I was able to make it work. The cardstock for the background is Bazzill, the circle patterned paper and the green patterned paper are Cosmo Cricket (that I found recently on clearance), and the ribbon is American Crafts. I had fun putting this one together. The pleating that I did with the ribbon is something I've wanted to try for some time. I like how it turned out. The embellishment cluster on the left side of the page came about when I somehow got white paint smudged on the page and I needed to cover it. Again, I like how it turned out and I got to use my new scalloped circle punch. :)



I did one other layout this week, but it was for another round of layout tag so I cannot share it now. I will share it once the tag is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment