Saturday, August 28, 2010

PageMaps Dusty Attic Chipboard Contest

I am starting to find a little time to scrap again. I finished this layout today just in time for the deadline for the PageMaps Dusty Attic Chipboard Contest. Below is the prize and the sketch we were to use:



Here is what I made:



These pictures are from the day I took Ellie to get her first haircut. I took her to kids hair because I wasn't sure how she would do and I figured they knew how to deal with that! Well, she did great! She got to watch a movie ("The Little Mermaid") and the woman put a cute little braid in her hair which I had to duplicate for several days after that. We got to bring home some of the hair they clipped off. I decided to make a little "shaker box" to put it in. I cut the patterned paper for the base, cut some foam adhesive into strips that I attached in the shape of a square, cut a smaller square from a transparency, and cut a frame from one of my patterned papers. Here are a couple of close-ups of the box.



No comments:

Post a Comment