Thursday, April 1, 2010

Winding Down

Well, it is Holy Week which means my last week of daily card making. It has been a busy week, but I am finally caught up.




Here are a couple of cards I made earlier this week. Both of them I just pulled extra pieces I had cut with my Cricut and added some scraps stamping. For the "Celebrate" card I heat embossed the swirls on the background paper with clear embossing powder, an idea I got when my mother-in-law showed me some cards she was working on. Isn't it subtle but pretty?



I made this one on Tuesday using an embellishment I've had sitting in a package for about a year. I decided it was time to just use it. I also pulled out scraps for the rest and added a few Rusty Pickle buttons for a finishing touch.




These cards I made today. The top one I used a set of stamps I bought last week. They are made by Inkadinkadoo. They are so pretty and very versatile for religious cards. Again, the paper is all scraps. The last card was a very quick card using some scraps.

For all of the cards in today's post, I simply pulled out all of my scraps of one color and pulled out a few that coordinated and went to work putting them together. I find this a great strategy for seeing what I have and using it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment