Friday, March 26, 2010

Catching Up


Well, I've had a busy couple of days so I have spent today trying to catch up . The first two cards today I made on Tuesday. The first is a birthday card I made for my dad (his birthday was Wednesday). To make the buttons I cut out the patterned paper circles using my Creative Memories circle cutter. Then I traced them on chipboard and cut them out with a scissors. After adhering the paper to the chipboard I punched the holes with my Crop-a-Dile. I inked the edges for a finished look. Finally I popped them up on the card with foam adhesive.

The next card (Hi) I made for the "A Year in Cards" class at Two Peas in a Bucket. I'm not totally satisfied with how the "rock and roll" technique turned out on it, but I think the colors just weren't close enough in color. Live and learn, right?

The last three cards I made today for my Lenten project. I used up scraps for all of them. For the "Thinking of You" card I had made a row of eyelets on the bottom but it was super crooked so I covered it with the twill tape. Much better! For the other two I used up some die cuts I had laying around from my Cricut. Hooray for scraps!

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment